General Details
Year: 2015
Model: Gen 3. facelift 6 Sport
Engine size: 2.2d 150PS
Fuel Type: Diesel
Length of ownership: 1 month (plus six months with a 2015 SE-L 2.2d
Your favourite thing(s) about your 6: design, style, relative rarity, equipment
Would you buy another 6: Unquestionably YES
A few personal words about your 6: Stunning looking prestige image high value car
Would you warn prospective buyers about anything?

How do you find your 6 in terms of
Economy: On a par with the best of the best, and on 51.1mpg on the obc is about perfect for the car overall.
Driveability: ery easy car to drive well laid out with an upmarket feel and appeal
Performance: mMore than adequate
Equipment: Outstanding
Comfort: amongst the best out there though the front seats could be slightly more grippy on side bolster design
Practicality: It's not a hatchback so for a saloon it does do very well
Reliability: So far - perfection

Anything extra to note?

The car draws an unusual level of attention from other motorists as well as pedestrians, something I find slightly puzzling, but am more than happy with!

I will be regularly updating my findings as I progress through another 47 months of ownership pictures and editorial, this should be a well documented M6 :)
2018 Mazda 6 2.5 GT Sport
2015 Mazda 6 2.2d Sport Versatune
Derek Mc
Experienced
Experienced

Model: Saloon (13-on)
Trim: Sport
Engine: 2.2

Re: We need your help! (Owner Reviews)

Postby Coops » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:20 pm

General Details
Year: 2008
Model: 2.5 SL saloon
Engine size: 2.5 litres
Fuel Type: petrol
Length of ownership: 10 months
Your favourite thing(s) about your 6: Total package
Would you buy another 6: Yes
A few personal words about your 6: Better than any 'made in Germany' products. Love the blue paint job (colour) but wish it was hardier and not so easily chipped.
Would you warn prospective buyers about anything? Driver's seat must be absolutely SOLID (mine isn't and needs a repair)

Economy: Fair - varies between 29mpg (urban) to 40mpg (cruise control set at a true GPS verified 75mph on motorway)
Driveability: Could be improved with slightly higher gearing (car will easily pull away from standstill in 2nd, and also from 3rd with some coaching/clutch slip.
Performance: Very good if you let it rev and shift slickly
Equipment: Everything you need - only criticism is clock is on the select part of dash, choose mpg and you lose the clock (I like to see clock ALL the time)
Comfort: We have done several 400 mile days with little numb bum
Practicality: I'd prefer the hatch but my saloon came up at the right price
Reliability: Absolutely spot on provided batteries in key fobs do not run down. Oh, and the auto dipping rear view mirror doesn't auto dip.

Anything extra to note? It is a long car so supermarket parking can be tricky. Parking sensors the best I've used.
"We take our own chances, we pay our own dues" - Kris Kristofferson

The Nanny State sucks, so give it a blow job! :roll:

What's happening in my world - http://coops-fwiw.blogspot.com & http://homepage.ntlworld.com/phil_cooper/
Coops
Community Supporter
Community Supporter

Model: Saloon (07-09)
Trim: SL
Engine: 2.5

Postby metalmickey » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:41 pm

Addition to my post from last year. Mazda 6 2.0l petrol 05 reg TS2
Anything to watch out for. The underbody rust is starting to take its toll and the rear arches have started to rust again (they were done few years ago under a mazda recall )
metalmickey
Experienced
Experienced

Model: Hatchback (02-07)
Trim: TS2
Engine: 2.0

Postby John29072013 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:05 pm

metalmickey wrote:Addition to my post from last year. Mazda 6 2.0l petrol 05 reg TS2
Anything to watch out for. The underbody rust is starting to take its toll and the rear arches have started to rust again (they were done few years ago under a mazda recall )

Just keep on top of the rust issues.

Sent from my Samsung S5 using Tapatalk
Previous cars all, Honda Accord(s) old(1982) W,A,B,C,D,F,G,H,M and T plates, also have a Fiat 500.
John29072013
Community Supporter
Community Supporter

Trim: 6TS

Postby php00mc » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:03 am

General Details
Year: 2010
Model: 6
Engine size: 2.2d
Fuel Type: Diesel
Length of ownership: 9 months
Your favourite thing(s) about your 6: performance, comfort, fuel economy
Would you buy another 6: Yes
A few personal words about your 6:
Would you warn prospective buyers about anything? Check Cam chain stretch and full service history. Paintwork is easy to damage. Difficult to find parts from non-Mazda source, so relatively high cost of spare parts.

Economy: good, averaged 45 mpg of highway driving (at 80-100 mph)
Driveability: Good performance (acceleration), suspension is too soft for great handling.
Performance: Good acceleration, can be remapped for an extra 20-30 bhp
Equipment: GT model, has all options. Some are not usefull, such as RVLS. Heated seats are very nice, i use them all the time (i live in the alps). Additional equipment i missed are heated windscreen, ...
Comfort: Best car i have owned for comfort (compared to Megane/Focus). Seats are very comfortable.
Practicality: Not soo cheap to run, all car parts are significantly more expensive when compared Ford, etc.
Reliability: Had to have cam chain replaced, not covered by warranty at circa 800 euro.

Anything extra to note? Local Mazda dealer is very good,
php00mc
Licensed
Licensed

Model: Estate (07-12)
Engine: 2.2d

Postby yetello » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:27 pm

General Details
Year: 2008
Model: 6
Engine size: 2.5
Fuel Type: Petrol
Length of ownership: 3 years
Your favourite thing(s) about your 6: comfortable ride and still a Precise steering, engine is very quiet.
Would you buy another 6: Never ever again!!
Would you warn prospective buyers about anything? Although Mazda is recognising the problems with this car, they will not recall the car for hazardous items like the seats. They know the paintjob is the worst in the world and still denying the problem (they call it chipping but it has to do with the impurities of the materials used (intercrystalline corrosion)) .

Economy: good for a 2.5l engine, averaged 38 mpg of highway driving (at 75mph)
Driveability: A-Pillar is big and you can easily overlook a car on a roundabout. Steering is precise and sporty.
Performance: the 170BHP gives enough oempf, but it is not a sports car.
Equipment: Everything I need for a comfortable ride. If seats are not modified they are the most dangerous seats in the world and can come off their attachments.
Comfort: Due to rear tyres cupping very fast, road noise is very annoying as are all the plastic squeaks and rattles.
Practicality: Lots of legroom front and rear with a big boot. Good access to all the parts. Easy to replace parts.
Reliability: This car will rust just by looking at it.(roof, bonnet, wheels, wheel arches and whole underbody) OEM parts does not come cheap. Brake Callipers need service every year or you will end up with ceased brakes. Hand brake is rubbish because of the design of the system. Never had a car that had so much problems with the brakes. (or my dealer is just the worst in the world)
yetello
Licensed
Licensed

Model: Hatchback (07-12)
Engine: 2.5

Postby mazdaman95 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:58 am

Year: 2004
Model: 6 (mk1)
Engine size: 2.0
Fuel Type: Petrol
Length of ownership: just over a year
Your favourite thing(s) about your 6: response from the engine, engine noise with or without the non-stanard air filter.
Would you buy another 6: mk2, yes... not sure about the mk3
A few personal words about your 6: as sad as it may be, she is my baby and i love it haha
Would you warn prospective buyers about anything? Rust on the mk1's

Economy:35 mpg
Driveability: Fantastic, just an all round great car!
Performance: 0-60mph - 9.6, feels quick round corners
Equipment: bose speakers, 6 CD multi changer and much... MUCH more!
Comfort: Very comfortable, could fall asleep without being too tired
Practicality: Very spacious and boot is huuuuge
Reliability: Extremely! never had engine issues (Touch Wood)

Anything extra to note?
There isn't enough space to type all the various things i love about the car... family sized and quick for the economy :) I mean, i drive like a nob but im still getting roughly 34/5 to the gallon... what more do you want
Mazda 6 2004 2.0L

Custom Grille and hood ornament, K&N Cone air filter and newly fitted front fogs
mazdaman95
Community Supporter
Community Supporter

Postby mazdaman95 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:59 am

metalmickey wrote:Addition to my post from last year. Mazda 6 2.0l petrol 05 reg TS2

Do you have any more info about the recall?
Was it an official recall etc.

Cheers
Mazda 6 2004 2.0L

Custom Grille and hood ornament, K&N Cone air filter and newly fitted front fogs
mazdaman95
Community Supporter
Community Supporter

Postby metalmickey » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:31 pm

You can ring any Mazda dealer and ask about any recalls, not sure if it was official or good will at the time ( I did not own car at time ).
Car has recently failed mot on rust offside rear outer sill and advisory on both inner sills.
metalmickey
Experienced
Experienced

Postby steve100 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:30 pm

Year 2014
Model Mazda 6 2.2 175 auto skyactive saloon.
Engine size 2.2
Fuel type deisle
Length of ownership 6 months
Favorite things Performance looks colour silver
Would i buy another if it stays reliable certainly
Any warnings Make sure you get a spare wheel. In my opinion no car should be sold without one !

Economy For the performance Great far better than the two 2.2 toyotas i had before
Driveability Always a pleasure !
Performance.For a 2.2 deisle auto of that size STUNNING ! Far better than the 2.2 Toyotas i had and equal to the 2.5 V6 petrol Mondeo and 2.3 supercharged mazda xedos 9 miller that i had previousley.
Equipment Everything you could want although mine has not got the saftey pack and i think you need it because it definatley has a blind spot on both sides.
Comfort. Oh Yes !
Practicality. For me it is the boot is large enough but i wish they had kept the hatchback like the mondeo for the extra height but it may have spoilt the looks.
Reliability. Only had it 6 months just one problem the turbo inlet pipe blew off meaning a recovery even with mazda assist ! Dealer said they had never had it happen before blamed a weak clip replaced with much bigger and stronger one the also made a complaint to mazda assist as this should have been a simple road side repair and not a recovery guess i was just lucky. WILL REVEIW AGAIN WHEN I HAVE HAD THE CAR LONGER.
Anything to note The infotainment screen could have been larger as it is on the facelift model although i think they should have blended it into the dash better as Toyota has on the new Avensis. On the Mazda as with Mercedes and the B M W it looks like a bit of an afterthought. SHAME. But still looks and is a great car overlooked by many.
steve100
Community Supporter
Community Supporter

Model: Saloon (13-on)
Engine: 2.2d

PreviousNext

Return to Forum News