Gen 2 Seat and Boot Strut recalls

Official news and updates direct from Mazda UK.

Re: Gen 2 Seat and Boot Strut recalls

Postby D.A.F.Commander » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:10 am

Arran wrote:
D.A.F.Commander wrote:How's everyone getting on the seat recall, Mazda Oldham have had mine since 22 September. Phoned them up yesterday, apperently it's going to be at least another month. Anyone else having such a long wait

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2 months to fix the seats? That's ridiculous! I hope you've got one of their cars if they've got yours in the garage? Or are they waiting for the parts before they take it in?
They've rented me a Nissan X Trail, costing me a fortune in diesel. They've had since September,was to bad to let me drive it. Probably cos I've had it welded twice. But another month,it's a joke

D.A.F.Commander
Licensed
Licensed

Model: Hatchback (07-12)
Trim: Sport
Engine: 2.2d

Postby Arran » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:33 pm

Oh well, at least it's the mileage on the Nissan rather than your car.

My dad owns my mk2 now, he hasn't mentioned that they have sent him a recall notice on the seats.
Previous: 2011 Mazda 6 TS2 Estate 2.2 d.
MY17 2016 Sonic Silver Mazda 6 Tourer 2.2d 175 Sport Nav Auto with Safety Pack and Radar Cruise
Now: Volvo XC60 R-Design D5 awd
Arran
Community Supporter
Community Supporter

Model: Estate (12-on)
Engine: 2.2

Postby CALGACUS2017 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi All,

I've just joined the forum to enquire about the Seat and Strut recall (well, specifically the seat part of it :D ).

The seat bracket (or whatever it is) snapped on my car last December and I paid over £300 to get it replaced and fixed (incl. replacement parts, labour and VAT).

Now that this recall has come out I was wondering what are my chances of getting Mazda to cough up this money - since there was obviously an endemic fault with the seat mounting mechanism I don't see why I should be out of pocket because Mazda's design/r&d/testing practices are inadequate. My car's a 2010, 1.8 SL.

My car has (as of Monday) been to my local Mazda dealer and now has the updated improvements.

Has anyone ever had any luck with a claim like the above against a manufacturer (either Mazda or any other company)? Or am I mad to even be a little p.o.ed by this (I see a few of you have had your seat frames welded in the past to fix the issue - and presumably paid for it).

Thanks in advance for any thoughts,

Don.
CALGACUS2017
Learner
Learner

Trim: SL
Engine: 1.8

Postby D.A.F.Commander » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:10 am

CALGACUS2017 wrote:Hi All,

I've just joined the forum to enquire about the Seat and Strut recall (well, specifically the seat part of it :D ).

The seat bracket (or whatever it is) snapped on my car last December and I paid over £300 to get it replaced and fixed (incl. replacement parts, labour and VAT).

Now that this recall has come out I was wondering what are my chances of getting Mazda to cough up this money - since there was obviously an endemic fault with the seat mounting mechanism I don't see why I should be out of pocket because Mazda's design/r&d/testing practices are inadequate. My car's a 2010, 1.8 SL.

My car has (as of Monday) been to my local Mazda dealer and now has the updated improvements.

Has anyone ever had any luck with a claim like the above against a manufacturer (either Mazda or any other company)? Or am I mad to even be a little p.o.ed by this (I see a few of you have had your seat frames welded in the past to fix the issue - and presumably paid for it).

Don.
My Mazda6 has been at Mazda Oldham since September,still no clue as to when it'll be fixed. As to making a claim about getting a refund for your seat,I was informed by a member of staff at Mazda Oldham that they have refunded people who have paid to have the seat replaced. But that was on a seat that Mazda Oldham supplied and fitted

D.A.F.Commander
Licensed
Licensed

Postby D.A.F.Commander » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:13 am

CALGACUS2017 wrote:Hi All,

Don.
I should have mentioned,the cost for an official Mazda supply an fit was, apperently, approximately £800

D.A.F.Commander
Licensed
Licensed

Postby D.A.F.Commander » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Ross wrote:Recently Mazda have finally made a recall for the push nuts failing on the gen 2 seats. They have also said there are safety issues with the boot gas struts.

You can check here if your car has outstanding recalls but it won't tell you which, you'll have to ring your local Mazda to get that info and get your car booked in for a free repair :)

https://www.themotorombudsman.org/vehicle-recalls

Apparently with the seats they replace any missing push nuts and they put a new bracket in which stops them from coming off again. Hopefully no more wobbly seats!
Anyone else having problems with the seat recall. I've just been in touch with my local Mazda dealer, who've had my car since September,and I've been informed that it's going to be mid March before they get the part in. Do I have a case for trying to claim compensation. My brother has also mentioned that because they've had it so long they have to offer me a buy back. An help would be welcomed

D.A.F.Commander
Licensed
Licensed

Previous

Return to Mazda UK News