We need your help! (Owner Reviews)

Keeping you up to date with changes and improvements

Re: We need your help! (Owner Reviews)

Postby steve100 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:05 pm

steve100 wrote:Year 2014
Model Mazda 6 2.2 175 auto skyactive saloon.
Engine size 2.2
Fuel type deisle
Length of ownership 6 months
Favorite things Performance looks colour silver
Would i buy another if it stays reliable certainly
Any warnings Make sure you get a spare wheel. In my opinion no car should be sold without one !
Purchased with 9000 on the clock now 17000. 8000 pleasure miles.
Economy For the performance Great far better than the two 2.2 toyotas i had before
Driveability Always a pleasure !
Performance.For a 2.2 deisle auto of that size STUNNING ! Far better than the 2.2 Toyotas i had and equal to the 2.5 V6 petrol Mondeo and 2.3 supercharged mazda xedos 9 miller that i had previousley.
Equipment Everything you could want although mine has not got the saftey pack and i think you need it because it definatley has a blind spot on both sides.
Comfort. Oh Yes !
Practicality. For me it is the boot is large enough but i wish they had kept the hatchback like the mondeo for the extra height but it may have spoilt the looks.
Reliability. Only had it 6 months just one problem the turbo inlet pipe blew off meaning a recovery even with mazda assist ! Dealer said they had never had it happen before blamed a weak clip replaced with much bigger and stronger one the also made a complaint to mazda assist as this should have been a simple road side repair and not a recovery guess i was just lucky. WILL REVEIW AGAIN WHEN I HAVE HAD THE CAR LONGER.
Anything to note The infotainment screen could have been larger as it is on the facelift model although i think they should have blended it into the dash better as Toyota has on the new Avensis. On the Mazda as with Mercedes and the B M W it looks like a bit of an afterthought. SHAME. But still looks and is a great car overlooked by many.
Last edited by steve100 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve100
Community Supporter
Community Supporter

Model: Saloon (13-on)
Trim: Sport
Engine: 2.2d

Postby tonyh » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:04 pm

year: Jan 2010
model: Ts2 Wagon
engine: 2.2
fuel: Diesel
owned for: 20 months
favourite things: Looks, colour (copper red), ride and handeling
would I buy another: The jury's out!

economy: 44mpg average
driveability: v good
performance: Acceptable
equiptment: All one needs is there (except heated windscreen)
comfort: No complaints
practicality: It's an estate!
reliability: Ouch! In June had injector seals and an injector replaced due to leaking seal causing carbon to gum up engine. Cost me £700+ after Mazda and dealer contribution. NOW the dpf light has been flashing and the dealer has diagnosed a stretched timing chain, cost of £600 after Mazda's contribution.
The car has full main dealer service history, and has done less than 60k.
tonyh
Licensed
Licensed

Model: Estate (07-12)
Trim: TS2
Engine: 2.2d

Postby organss » Wed May 23, 2018 6:57 pm

Year:2006 Hatchback
Model:6TS
Engine size:1998 CC
Fuel Type:DIESEL
Length of ownership:1 MONTH
Your favourite thing(s) about your 6: Style and looks.
Would you buy another 6: So far YES.
A few personal words about your 6: Was given the vehicle by a friend who has stopped driving. So first time ever with a 6.
Economy: Excellent 45-55 mpg
Driveability: love it.
Performance: Much better than expected
Equipment:Standard + self fitted reversing sensors
Comfort: excellent
Practicality:So far so good Love large boot
Reliability: Too soon to tell but previous owner had no problems.
Obviously not the latest model but I am impressed with it.
organss
Learner
Learner

Model: Hatchback (02-07)
Trim: S
Engine: 2.0d

Postby Visitor » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:25 am

General Details
Year: 2016
Model: 2.0 Sport Nav+
Engine size: 2.0
Fuel Type: Petrol
Length of ownership: 6 months
Your favourite thing(s) about your 6: It hasn’t broken down yet. I love the start button (ridiculous, I know!). CD player. Ability (just discovered) to play things from phone.
Would you buy another 6: Too early to say to be fair, but right now: Me: Probably no, Wife: yes.
A few personal words about your 6: It’s an experiment for me, got fed up / couldn’t afford repairs on my previous Audis. I’ve got to the age where I needed some reliability, first step towards being a pensioner! I’m trying really, really hard to bond with it and must stop comparing it to the last car. My wife adores it though, so that’ll be good enough for me.
Would you warn prospective buyers about anything? No spare wheel, apparent complete lack of any power (although realise that I need to experiment with my Diesel sub-2000 rpm driving style), small tank, terrible turning circle (start the turn at Reading to come off the motorway at Bristol!).

How do you find your 6 in terms of
Economy: Hmmmm. OK I suppose but not great. That’s petrol for you, I’m used to 50mpg and better. I can only get about 46 mpg. Small tank makes it seem worse, though.
Driveability: OK. Can be a bit nervy on sharp corners. Interesting to see what better tyres do for it.
Performance: Poor (but see above).
Equipment: Good.
Comfort: Very good. Surprised how untiring it is on long (10 hours+) journeys, to be fair probably the best car for that I’ve owned. Can crash around a bit on rough roads, but not badly.
Practicality: Good. Decent boot. Ignore the new car reviews who say it’s small. Roof rails excellent touch.
Reliability: Don’t want to jinx it! But I’ve had it six months and not had to pay thousands yet for failed gearboxes, broken camshafts etc. That’s great!

Anything extra to note? The MoT and service in 6 months will be key. I’m already dreading it (“You’re best off buying a new car, sir”). Also, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but I certainly didn’t buy the car based on its looks! Not the prettiest in my view, the looks only its designer could love. Friends seem to differ on that point, though. But who cares what it looks like?

Review again in 6 months.
Visitor
Pass Plus
Pass Plus

Model: Estate (12-on)
Trim: Sport
Engine: 2.0

Previous

Return to Forum News